top of page

General Hunt Information

To help you prepare for your hunt, here is some general information you will need to know.


Wyoming Licensing

Hunts in Wyoming are managed with a specific quota for each species and only a certain number of licenses per area are given out each season. Wyoming non-resident licenses are drawn via a lottery system. The draw is mostly based on the number of preference points each person has but there is also a chance to get lucky in the random draw. The application period and draw dates for each species is listed below. We are happy to help guide you through the application process to ensure you get the best chance of drawing your license or when you book your hunt through us, we can do the work for and apply for your license. 

Application Dates & Deadlines

Elk application period: January 3rd - 31st                                                        Draw date: May 18th

Antelope & deer application period: January 3rd - May 31st                        Draw date: June 15th                                   

Preference Points ONLY 


PLAN FOR YOUR FUTURE HUNT! Preference points are a way to improve your odds of eventually drawing a license in a hard-to-draw hunt area. Seventy-five percent (75%) of available licenses in each hunt area and license type will be allocated to the preference point drawing. Applicants with the highest preference point ranking will receive priority in the preference point drawing. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of available licenses will be allocated in a random drawing regardless of preference points.  The random drawing is intended to provide everyone who applies a chance of drawing a license. We strongly recommend anyone planning to hunt in Wyoming, go online each year and purchase preference points for the species you are wanting to hunt. 

Or take the easy route and let us purchase your points for you! We will send out invoices annually and purchase your points until you are ready to book your hunt. To sign up for our preference point program complete the WY License/Preference Point Application.


Preference point purchase period: July 3rd - October 31st

To apply, for more information, and access to regulations visit Wyoming Game and Fish.


If your plan is to fly to Wyoming for your hunt, the closest airports are Cody or Casper, WY and Billings, MT. Rental vehicles are available at any of these airports for you to drive to our base camp. 


Arrangements can be made for us to pick you up from either airport  for an additional charge of $250 per way + tax. 

We strongly encourage you to purchase trip insurance. 

Rip Cord Rescue Travel Insurance

Wyoming mountin lion outfitter: O'Brien Creek Outfitters
Wyoming antelope outfitter
topography 3_edited.png

Arrivals & Departures

We request that our guests arrive after 12 pm the day before their hunt. By arriving a day early it gives us the opportunity and time to perform gear checks and go to the range to check your rifle. 

Our goal is to provide you with as much hunting time as possible so we suggest leaving the day after your final hunting day by 12 pm. 

If you would like to stay and explore Wyoming more before heading home we can recommend things to do, places to stay, and food to enjoy. 

What To Bring

Wyoming weather can change in the blink of an eye so layers are important! We have provided a downloadable checklist of suggested gear and equipment. As always if you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch with us!

Guided mountain lion hunts in Wyoming
Wyoming Guided Mountain Lion Hunts
Wyoming Guided Deer Hunts
bottom of page